Town planning has taken on increasing importance in the present. New towns are being developed. It is becoming increasingly important that town planners focus on the old developments and also the new developments.
Old and new development must be linked properly. Energy efficiency in planning should be the goal of any town planner, urban designer, or architect. You can also click on the following source/link to know more about top urban planning consulting firms: Let the Best Urban Planning Company Make it Easy for You
Image Source: Google
The aims of town planning are as follows:
1. To correct the past errors as much as possible.
2. To provide civic aesthetics of the town.
3. To attempt orderly appropriate and balanced arrangements of land use.
4. To develop a healthy, attractive, and efficient environment in the city.
5. To create and maintain an attractive central core and make it the cultural, financial, commercial, and entertainment center.
6. To provide an interrelated balanced transportation system adequate to meet the needs of everyone in the urban community.
7. To encourage the attraction, retention, and expansion of a sufficient number and variety of
industries and business activities to provide jobs to the people and to get more income to
8. To create a sense of dignity, identity, pride, and responsibility in the social environment.
9. To suggest the schemes which will control the future growth and development of the city.
10. To concentrate on the development of full potentials of human resources through a wide variety of programs, facilities, and other incentives.