Environmental issues surrounding the Oil & Gas Industry have become more important. Government pressure is leading to stricter legislation regarding the reduction of CO2 emissions, as well as the production and use of alternative fuels. You can click over here to find the best and right oil recovery services.
Governments, action groups, and the media encourage the Oil & Gas Industry to go GREEN. But what exactly does this mean?
What is Green Refining?
Green Refining is a broad term that can refer to a wide range of industries. However, it can be used to describe a variety of sectors in the Oil & Gas sector. All of them share a common goal: reducing greenhouse gas emissions (GHG, CO2, and wastes), and minimizing the industry’s impact on the environment.
ENERGY EFFICIENCY-TECHNOLOGIES, INNOVATIONS
– Technologies to Reduce CO2
– Improving Energy Efficiency
– Cogeneration in Refineries
– Low-Carbon Fuels
EMISSIONS CO2, GAS-LIQUID, LIQUID & SOLO
Strategies to Reduce Emissions from Petrochemicals and Refining-
Refinery CO2 Emissions: Factors and Sources
– Reduction of other types of emissions (Gas and Liquid)
CO2 CAPTURE AND SEQUESTRATION
RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES, including BIOFUELS
– Bio-Fuels and Alternate Fuels: Development, Their Future, and Competitiveness
– Electricity from Renewable Resources: Status, Prospects, and Impediments
– Promoting Renewable Energy Growth
Over 70% of global GHG emissions are caused by CO2 emissions. The question is: What is the Oil, Gas & Energy sector doing to reduce these emissions? And what options do they have, including the possibility of:
- CO2 REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
- CO2 CAPTURE
- CO2 SEQUESTRATION