Cancer has been around for thousands of years, but in the last century, scientists have developed many effective preventative measures for it. One of these is dietary changes which can reduce your risk of developing cancer by as much as 70%. However, success is not guaranteed and there will still be a chance of getting cancer. That’s why you should also take advantage of treatments that are proven to help fight off cancerous cells like chemotherapy. Have a peek at this article to know more about cancer prevention and treatments.
Image Source: Google
The best way to prevent cancer is by keeping your body healthy. Here are some simple tips to help you stay cancer-free:
1. Eat a balanced and healthy diet.
2. Get exercise.
3. Avoid smoking.
4. Keep your skin clean and avoid sun exposure.
5. Use sunscreen when needed.
6. Take regular health screenings such as mammograms and colonoscopies to catch cancer early on before it becomes too big to treat.
Why Is Cancer A Problem?
- Cancer is a big problem because it's the number one cause of death in the United States. More than 1 million people are diagnosed with cancer each year, and more than 600,000 people die from it.
- It is a serious disease that can take many different forms, including cancers of the skin, lungs, colon, liver, and other organs.
- It can be difficult to diagnose early enough to get the treatment that is likely to be effective.
Some of the most important nutrients for preventing cancer include:
-Vitamin A: It also helps support normal vision and maintains strong bones.
-Fruits and vegetables: Free radicals can lead to the development of cancer cells.
– Omega-3 fatty acids: They can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels and may also help decrease the risk of heart disease.
How to Prevent Cancer or Reduce Your Risk
-Getting plenty of exercises.
-Avoiding tobacco smoke.
-Reducing your intake of alcohol.
-Eating a healthy diet.
By following these simple steps, you can help ensure that you don't develop cancer in the future.